Whoa. Though I didn't plan it, I took quite a break this summer. In fact, I took a break from just about everything, not just blogging. I took a break from starting any projects, from being in any groups, coughfromhouseworkcough. It happened so slowly that I didn't even notice until just a few days ago.
We did so much that to write a full blog post would be just ridiculous. So instead, I'm going to link up with Jenna at Call Her Happy (who also took a blogging break for the summer - welcome back Jenna!) for her tl;dr (too long; didn't read) recap.
- There was A LOT of travel. Lucy took her first greyhound bus ride and first train ride, all in the same week.
- We went to the beach, twice. Carolina Beach and Oak Island. I liked the Oak Island trip best. It was with extended family, which always brings with it little (big) anxieties about being in one house with SO many people for an entire week. But I'm happy to report that it went really, really well. At least from our perspective!
- We took two trips up to Pittsburgh. We welcomed my newest sibling and Lucy's youngest Aunt to the family. Yay Aunt Abby!
- Lucy has (barely) started walking. She's not a fan yet of letting go of any furniture, but she does enjoy pushing around her toys. Update: I have a *riveting* 30 second video of her standing ALL BY HERSELF. I will show it to just about anyone by request. If you're so lucky, I just might blog it too :)
- Lucy and I took a one-day road trip to D.C. We celebrated the impending arrival of Lucy's future husband with his parents and their lovely church family.
- I read at least 10 books this summer, easy. I finally read "A Fault in Our Stars" and surprised myself by not crying. I thought it was a fun read actually, despite the heavy content.